Monday, March 31, 2008

Crafty Creations!

Well, once again the vision in my head turned out okay. I was on Etsy the other day looking at Disney “stuff” and found several very cute Disney shirts. Being the frugal person (on some things) I am…I decided I could make my own. I bought each kiddo a white t-shirt at Wal-mart; they were $3.00 each, bought a yard of black cotton fabric for $1.97 and got to work. I just made some circles, used heat bond to attach them to the shirts…and then added some ribbon. I did do a blanket stitch around the “mouse” heads…Max’s is black so you probably can’t see it…it just makes it look a little more finished.

Maggie already had the jean capri’s….they were actually in the goodwill pile (sorry Jodi S.) they had a big flower embroidered on the leg (right under the Minnie head) so I just covered it up….and added the red and white polka dot ribbon around each leg….I think they are pretty cute. I’m going to make myself and grandma a Minnie shirt too…Daddy says he’ll pass on the shirt (where is his Mickey spirit?) I’m sure Paca (Grandpa) will pass too!

Anyway…I will have made 4 shirts for less than the price of one….pretty cool, I think!
Let me know what you think! Any suggestions would be great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to tell me how crafty you are. You rock!
Lisa